Welcome to my website dear traveler!
If you want to get immersed into Czech culture, history and traditions you are in a right place. It will be my pleasure to show you around this beautiful country, while revealing some of its mysteries and putting events into a wider context. I am a tour guide, a profession I have chosen in 2004 i lieu of following a career in law and administration suggested by my studies. I have been working in many countries since before settling in Prague and focusing on incoming tourists. I still work in outgoing tourism though as the ever-changing environment is a challenge which keeps me focused and enthusiastic. I am a licensed guide of Prague, Prague ‘s Jewish town museum, the tour guide of the Czech Republic and Poland and I guide in English, Polish, Serbian and Croatian language.
I will charge the following fees per group up to 10 people:
|Typ tůry||délka tůry v h||cena v Kč|
|Praha dle libosti||za 1h||600 Kč||
|Večerní Praha||cca 3h||1600 Kč|
|Praha celodenní||cca 8h||4000 Kč|
|Tour type||duration in hours||price in CZK|
|Prague as you wish||per hour||600 CZK|
|Evening Prague||ca 3h||1600 CZK|
|Prague in full||ca 8h||4000 CZK|
Prague as you wish
This option gives you a chance to take exactly as much as you can digest. We will carefuly tailor the route ahead of time and reconfirm everything over a map just before starting. According to your wish we can make adjustments to the chosen route and the tour lenght to fully satisfy your interests.
This tour, starting at 5 PM (or later) is focusing on the charming side of the city. While enjoying a pleasant evening walk you will also learn many practical details about life in Prague that you see. The city will reveal to you it´s more casual face, so look into your immagination and stay curious. If you wish so, we can finish the tour in one of many good restaurants or some vibrant place full of night life!
Prague in full
Forget about the time and be carried away by it´s flow while encountering various milestones of our history. During this tour you will hear the exciting story of my nation and my city and you will visit the most interesting places where our fate has been shaped. We can make some stops on the way to take a breath, have a drink in a secret place or recharge our batteries by taking a lunch. Be aware that this option requires a lot of walking and may require the purchase of tickets to some major historical objects.
If you are interested in achitecture, middle ages, technical heritage or art nouveau we can find a route that covers the chosen topic in the fullest. Please excpect to purchase tickets to a museum or an art gallery and using public transport for moving around.
Countryside by car
If you want to get to know this country better, your best option is saying goodbye to our metropolis for a moment. As a day trip destination we can choose from several popular places like Kutná Hora, Český Krumlov and Karlovy Vary or decide to explore less prominent but even more authentic places. I will provide a car with a driver or can drive you myself.
Countryside by public transport
Locals often use our extensive network of railroad and pubic buses. In a comfortable train seat you will feel like one of us while taking a full advantage of the freedom of movement which this affordable way of transportation provides. Depending on the chosen difficulty level we can plan a route that combines some hiking and visiting a natural sites with some historical monuments. This is cetrainly a very Czech way to travel.
I provide guiding services for coach groups while also making group programs, all necessary reservations and providing help with arranging a suitable accomodation.
I have been active in tourism since 2004, starting as a hotel guide abroad, since 2010 as a guide in Prague and since 2012 as a tour leader and guide on outgoing sightseeing tours. Map shows places I know very well (yellow), places I visited during various tours (red and orange) or in my free time (blue),routes I have traveled as a tourguide and my recent travel plans (green).
- I provide the following services:
- Guiding and tour leading in various contries
- Guiding in Prague
- Guiding inside the Prague's Jewish museum
- Guiding during extedned tours in Czech Republic and abroad
- Customer service during extended tours
- Organising the transportation, accomodation and information services in Czech Republic and in other countries
During long years of studying and frequent foreign trips I have learned to communicate in several languages and I keep learning. I mostly guide in English, Polish, Czech, Croatian and Serbian.
I can also communicate in Russian, German, Turkish, Greek, Bulagrian and Italian which is helpful during foreign tours and business meetings.
Completed tours & events
- 4-7/4/2016: Rakousko (CK Grand Travel)
- 30/4-7/5/2016: Toskania (MCIiT)
- 10-13/6/2016: Londýn (CK Grand Travel)
- 15-23/6/2016: Maroko (CK Satur)
- 25/6-10/7/2016: Andaluzja (MCIiT)
- 11-21/7/2016: Portugalia (MCIiT)
- 31/7-14/8/2016: Albania (MCIiT)
- 29/8-9/9/2016: Itálie - velký okruh(CK Satur)
- 17-24/9/2016: Sicílie(CK Satur)
- 30/9-2/10/2016: Jižní Čechy(MCIiT)
- 26-27/11/2016: Adventní Vratislav s návštěvou vzácného kostela ve Svídnici a zámku Książ. (vlastní akce)
- 10-11/12/2016: Krakov+Vratislav(CK Radynacestu)
- 29/12/2016: Slovanská epopej A.Muchy - komentovaná prohlídka
- 26/2-5/3/2017: Maroko, križovatka farieb a vôní (CK Satur)
- 13-16/4/2017: Marakeš, city brake (CK Satur)
- 21-24/4/2017: Londýn + Oxford letecky (CK Grand travel)
- 29/4-3/5/2017: To nejlepší z Říma + Tivoli (CK Radynacestu)
- 6-7/5/2017: To nejlepší z Krakowa + Wroclaw (CK Radynacestu)
- 19-26/6/2017: Sicília - po stopách minulosti (CK Satur)
- 2-13/7/2017: Gruzja - wczasy pobytowo-objazdowe (MCIiT)
- 12-22/8/2017: Srí Lanka - Ideálná kombinácia (CK Satur)
- 2-9/9/2017: Toskania: Florencja - Lucca - Pisa - San Gimingnano - Siena (MCIiT)
- 13-25/9/2017: Gruzja - wczasy pobytowo-objazdowe (MCIiT)
- 25-28/10/2017: Londýn + Studia Warner Bros (Harry Potter) (CK Grand travel)
- 9/12/2017: Adventní Krakov (CK Vega Tour)
- 30/12/2017-7/1/2018: Maroko, križovatka farieb a vôní (CK Satur)
- 6-17/4/2018: Gruzínsko & Arménsko - jedinečná kaukazská cesta časom (CK Satur)
- 29/4-6/5/2018: Włochy – Toskania (MCIiT)
- 10-17/6/2018: Izrael - tváre Izraela (CK Satur)
- 20-29/7/2018: Za krásami slunného Středomoří na palubě lodi MSC Opera (PT Tours)
- 3-14/8/2018: Srí Lanka - Ideálná kombinácia (CK Satur)
- 24-27/8/2018: Dublin + Moherské útesy + krajina Burren + Galway (CK Grand travel)
- 6-13/9/2018: Maroko, križovatka farieb a vôní (CK Satur)
- 15-25/9/2018: Gruzja - wczasy pobytowo-objazdowe (MCIiT)
- 29/9-8/10/2018: Západním Středomořím na zbrusu nové lodi MSC Seaview (PT Tours)
- 17-22/10/2018: Azerbajdžan - unikátne symboly krajiny ohňa (CK Satur)
- 28/10-4/11/2018: Křížem krážem nádherným Středomořím (PT Tours)
- 30/12/2018-6/1/2019: Maroko, križovatka farieb a vôní (CK Satur)
- 22/2/2019-3/3/2019: Omán - tajomný Salalah (CK Satur)
- 18/3/2019: Azerbajdžán - cestovatelská přednáška (Informační centrum Praha 3)
- 19/4/2019-30/4/2019: Srí Lanka - ideálna kombinácia (CK Satur)
- 5/5/2019-12/5/2019: Jordánsko s pobytom pri Mŕtvom mori (CK Satur)
- 25/5/2019-1/6/2019: Bílé noci v Petrohradě na lodi Costa Magica (PT Tours)
- 9/6/2019-20/6/2019: Sardynia - Perła Morza Śródziemnego (MCIiT)
Tours & events in 2019
Board game design & testing
Since my childhood I have been interested in smart forms of entertainment especially board games. At first I used to sneak into shops in order to copy ones I could not afford, then I started to mimic existing designs and recently I have started to develop my own games. In the year 2013 I have published the board game named Commanders, on which I worked both as a main designer and art designer. The Commanders is a moderately difficult battle game based on the Napoleonic theme. Further information about the game is available on it's web site generalove.cz (Czech only).
Graphic design and web-design
While busying myself with other projects I have become familiar with several software types used for graphic design, film editing and web design.
I create logos, brands, business cards and other promotional materials, I design websites, edit movies and pictures for my own need and for business.
I treat this all as a hobby which I enjoy but will gladly offer my skills and creative enthusiasm to anyone who decides to have it.
Translation and interpreting
Being naturally bilingual, languages come easily to me. It brings me a great satisfaction when I am able to communicate with locals in their own tongue and I am not easily discouraged by mistakes I inevitably make in a process.
But there are several languages I can use with a high degree of skill and so I occasionally work as a translator and interpretor. My main languages are: Czech, Polish, English, Croat, Serbian (and all related).
I do technical and legal interpreting in all these languages and have already accumulated a substantial experience in this area.
The capital of Czech Republic and its larest city is considered to be one of the most charming places in Europe. Tu fully appreciate the city it is worth listening to its story and becoming more intimate with its glorious charms.
Whether you are going to Prague or have just returned from, you can use this short test to refresh your memories or just to find inspiring topics to inquire about. To further stimulate your interest I offer a tiny 10 CZK discount from my guiding fee for every correct answer (28 in total). Good luck!
When you see me in the lead of a group of tourists enchanted by the charm of Prague or exploring long-abandoned tombs in the Mediterranean shrubs you will hardly guess that I was trained as a lawyer and linguist and who has chosen the guiding job driven by the unbearable thirst for discovery, inability to accept the rigors of a sedentary job and some inherent exhibitionism.
Back home I find enjoyment in the creative work and I keep chasing my old dream of developing a board game which would be a synthesis of my interest, knowledge and stories both these lived-through and made.
I have met this charming green creature in the Turkish port Fethiye and it turned to be the "love at first glance". Since then Maki has become my faithful travel companion and kind of my brand logo. She has gone through several versions but invariably attracts attention of both my clients and passers-by with her looks of an innocent urchin and a big smile.
Phone: +420 608 933 604
Facebook: Maki Traveler